The Intended Process

March 24, 2010 1:06 PM By JoshuaCaputo , In

Before one can go about developing an application there needs to be a few things kept in mind. Like baking a cake, you simply can't run into the kitchen and begin throwing things into a bowl unless you know what your doing. I mean sure, you might come out with something edible but it will certainly not look nor taste good. Right now I am creating the plan for my... well plan.

Many things must be taken into account. This is the order I hope to accomplish things in.


  1. Figure out what I am doing, and why.
  2. Ensure my goal is realistic and accomplishable.
  3. Establish a team if project size requires it.
  4. Begin laying down some basic game logic and rules.
  5. Ask the audience what the think of what is going on.
  6. Beef up the game logic and rules depending on feedback.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 no less than 5 times.
  8. Color some nifty graphics for the game.
  9. Make the UI work and work well.
  10. Check with the audience again (see steps 5 and 6.)
  11. Move into beta testing stages.
  12. Fix anything the testing discovers.
  13. Respond to audience.
  14. Market and advertise.
  15. Release.
  16. Repeat step 7.
  17. Repeat steps 15 and 16.
I will hopefully be doing these in order to see how it works. I probably missed many vital steps and I will add them in as they arrive.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to include and test a good piracy protection ;)

March 26, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Post a Comment